“Coding for Inclusion” - CODINC - aimed at fostering education in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) among disadvantaged youth through an inclusive educational approach, based on a peer-learning pedagogical method for formal and non-formal educational contexts in Europe. The CODINC project wanted children and youngsters not only to use digital tools but also to actively create technology and be inspired by taking a look behind the scenes of ICT. In this way, they improve their 21st-century skills like communication, collaboration, creativity, problem-solving and critical thinking and, as a lasting benefit, participate in digitalised society and influence it.
The objectives of the project were to:
- Increase and improve teachers’ and trainers’ capacity to foster STEM education among disadvantaged youth through an inclusive educational approach based on peer-learning.
- Empower disadvantaged young people in the acquisition and development of IT and collaborative competences, as well as problem-solving, self-confidence and creativity through a peer-learning training programme on coding.
- Foster the development of a European CODINC learning community among different actors and across different Oi st;oxi toy sectors, both in formal and non-formal education and training, able to sustain the project’s results and amplify their impact.
The activities of the project included:
- Production of the CODINC training Toolkit in the project languages
- Online portal development
- Piloting with secondary schools
- Training primary school teachers
- Peer-learning coding weeks
- Evaluation by target groups in 5 countries
- Production of National Reports and Experimentation Report
- Project website: http://www.codinc.fun/
- YouTube Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPbMJzecc4h5vETAegWsKa-jP5dl-XSKM
- Social Media: #CODINCEU
- Funding source: ERASMUS+ KA3
- Project Title: Coding for Inclusion
- Project acronym: C0D1NC
- Project Code: 592121-EPP-1-2017-BE-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN
- Duration: 24 months
- 15 January 2018 - 14 January 2020
- Total Budget: € 613.043,00
- CCS Budget: € 43.261,00