The Cyprus Computer Society (CCS) in collaboration with the CyberMouflons Hacking Community successfully organized the Cyprus Cyber Security Competition (CCSC 2021). The aim of the competition, which took place online from 1 to 18 April 2021, was to find the country's young talents in the field of cyber security. 220 person participated at the competition, aged 14 and over, students, soldiers, students, amateurs and professionals in the field. The competition in the form of CTF (Capture the Flag) included 41 different types of challenges in web subjects, reverse engineering, forensics, pwn, steganography, cryptography etc. which were prepared by a group of volunteer mentors.
The organizers congratulate all the participants for their effort and announce the winners with the highest scores:
- Neophytos Christou, Student, Brown University, USA
- Christodoulos Sotiriou, Student, University of Nottingham, UK
- Konstantinos Diomidou, Professional, Stronde Ltd.
- Christos Makridis, Researcher, KOIOS - University of Cyprus
- Vassilis Charalambos, Student, Cyprus University of Technology
- Leonidas Stylianou, Researcher, KOIOS - University of Cyprus
- Odysseas Stavrou, Student, Technical University of Crete
- Harris Chatziantonis, Student, University of Southampton, UK
- Joseph Modestou, Student, International School of Paphos
- Stefanos Ioannou, Professional, TSYS
- Marios Kailis, Student, Apostolos Markos High School
- Panagiotis Antoniou, Professional
- Eleni Ioakeim, Student, University of Cyprus
- Christos Falas, Student, The English School Nicosia
- Michael Christofi, Student, Greek School of Pascal, Limassol
- Alexandros Andreou, Professional
- Panagiotis Gabriel, Student, Imperial College London, UK
- Paris Constantinides, Student, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- H. Sababa, Professional
- Andreas Tsouloupas, Graduate of the University of Cyprus
It is noted that 20 participants who meet the criteria of the respective European Cyber Security Competition (Cypriot nationals between the ages of 14-26) will attend training seminars and participate in competitions aimed at establishing the 10-member Cypriot National Team (5 persons 14- 20 years and 5 persons aged 21-26 years). The National Team will compete among 27 other countries in the European Cybersecurity Competition which will be held either in person or online from 28 September to 1 October 2021 in Prague.
CCSC 2021 is sponsored by the Ministry of Defense and the Digital Security Authority through the Office of the Communications Commissioner and approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports and Youth. Acknowledgments to the sponsors: Adacom Cyber Security, Deloitte, European University Cyprus, Grant Thornton, KPMG, Oracle Academy, University of Central Lancaster Cyprus, University of Nicosia, XM (CCS Technology Partner), the ICSI sponsor as well as the prize sponsors. The competition was hosted by Silensec Cyber Ranges and was part of All Digital Week.