The Cyprus Computer Society has undertaken the implementation in Cyprus of the AWS re/Start training program which is offered FREE to women that want to want to launch a career in technology.
The AMAZON WEB SERVICES (AWS) re/Start program, which can be characterized as both an upskilling and reskilling program. It is offered in English language and intensively prepares people to work in entry-level positions in the IT sector and especially in cloud technologies which are in high demand, both in Cyprus and abroad.
The duration of the program is 12 weeks and will be offered online on a full time basis (09.00 – 16.00).
In the first phase the program will be offered FREE to women, through the funded European project FEMME FORWARD. This invitation covers 30 positions and in case there are available positions they will be offered to men.
Eligible to participate are women:
- professionals of any discipline who want to change careers to IT for better job prospects
- college/university graduates from non-tech degrees who want to move into tech positions
- high school graduates seeking to launch an IT career
- unemployed or re-entering the labor market after maternity
- migrants, refugees and others belonging in vulnerable groups
- developers and anyone who wants to upskill for better job opportunities